Every year the Holland Festival brings world class, international performing arts to Amsterdam. The festival is staged at cultural arenas and unexpected venues throughout the city. Visitors meet in a welcoming and festive atmosphere and always have something to talk about: the artists’ high-profile and innovative work and the irresistible magic of theatre and music. The Holland Festival cannot be made without the support of funding institutions, private funds, corporate sponsors and individuals.
Friends of the Holland Festival receive benefits ranging from priority tickets - the best seats in the house - and reduced ticket prices, to exclusive receptions with the festival’s distinguished international guests, and more.
You can connect on different levels and will be personally informed about the festival.
€ 55 annually - Liefhebber
As Liefhebber you receive:
- access to advance ticket sales: two weeks prior to the start of the regular ticket sales we offer you the opportunity to order tickets for the entire festival;
- a € 5 discount on the first ticket booked and a reduction of € 2,50 on every additional ticket for the same performance*.
- In addition to filling in the registration form you can also register as Liefhebber through the ticket sales of the Holland Festival. After selecting the desired seats you will see the option 'Become a Friend', after which the discount will be calculated automatically.
€ 250 annually - Begunstiger
In addition to the benefits listed for Liefhebbers, Begunstigers receive:
- Two complementary tickets for the special ‘Holland Festival Friends Performance’ and the festive reception afterwards;
- An invitation for two for the private reception following the opening performance, when tickets for the opening performance are purchased;
- An invitation for two for the Holland Festival Fall Meeting;
- Your name listed (if so desired) on Holland Festival materials such as the Festival pocket and programmes.
€ 250 annually - Jonge Begunstiger (up to 42)
Receive the same benefits as the Begunstigers and:
- Receive invitations for all HF Young events, the festival platform for young en enthousiastic culture lovers;
- Participate in a special programme where you meet like-minded people and visit performances you shouldn’t miss.
€ 1,500 annually - Beschermer
In addition to the benefits listed above Beschermers receive:
- An invitation for two to attend the official opening performance and reception of the Holland Festival;
- Four complementary tickets for performances of your choice*;
- An invitation to attend the annual Holland Festival Spring Dinner with the Holland Festival Board of Trustees, Board of Governors, directors and artists.
€ 5,000 annually - Hartsvrienden
Hartsvrienden of the Holland Festival we invite to get closer to the Festival and share in the ins & outs. With like-minded people and guests of the Festival we welcome you to special events. In addition to the benefits listed above, you receive:
- Eight complementary tickets to performances of your choice*, instead of four as listed for Beschermers;
- An invitation for two to the exclusive ‘Hartsvrienden Dinner’, with distinguished guests from the festival: artists, makers and producers.
* The following conditions are applicable:
- The price of a ticket, discount included, can not be lower than € 15;
- The discount is only applicable if tickets are purchased through the Holland Festival Ticket Service;
A number of performances are excluded from this offer. In 2019, this is the aus LICHT project of the National Opera, the Royal Conservatoire of The Hague and Holland Festival, De Kersentuin of International Theater Amsterdam, Pelléas et Mélisande of the National Opera and Van Manen, Forsythe, Arqués of the National Ballet.
To receive more information about the Holland Festival and the possibilities to support, please contact Marian van Wijngaarden, at: 020-7882100 or e-mail: [email protected]
Donations to the festival are tax deductible
The Holland Festival is a registered charitable organization and has the fiscal, cultural ANBI status.
A special tax law makes it more advantageous to make a charitable donation. This so called Nieuwe Geefwet allows you to claim your donations to organizations with a cultural ANBI status, with an additional 25% for tax benefits (total 125%). The fiscal advantage is valid for donations that total a maximum of €5,000 annually. If you donate more than €5,000 to registered charities, you can deduct the remaining amount for the regular percentage of 100%.
In addition there are fiscal benefits for periodical gifts with an annuity construction for five years and upwards. If you choose to support the Holland Festival for a minimum of five years your gift will be fully tax-deductible.
Individual gifts are tax deductible when the total amount given in one year surpasses 1% of your income, with a minimum of €60. The amount given above the minimum threshold is tax deductible. The maximum deductible amount is 10% of your threshold income. The threshold income totals your income minus deductions in box 1, 2 and 3 and minus your personal deductions.